Download a FREE Road Map to Selling a Home
Road Map to Selling a Home – English
Road Map to Selling a Home – Spanish
Top 10 tips for Preparing Your House for Sale
- Freshen up. Fresh paint and new carpet are the 2 top things you can do to sell your home faster.
- Deep clean everything! A clean home will allow buyers to picture themselves in the space versus focusing on the dirt.
- Give every room a purpose. Take the treadmill out of the bedroom and don’t have the office on the dining room table.
- Let the light in. Bright rooms are warm and inviting. Open the curtains and the blinds.
- Fix anything that’s broken. Buyers will notice and may offer less money. Don’t wait for the inspection.
- Declutter every room. Imagine a luxury spa and decorate your home with only a few, beautiful items. No photos, magnets, stuffed animals…
- Organize the kitchen. Store small appliances away and keep horizontal surfaces clear. Clean off counter tops and tables, have nothing on top of the fridge.
- Empty trash bins and hide dirty laundry before any showing or Open House.
- Replace all light bulbs in the house and make sure all the switches work. Turn on all lights during showings.
- Make your home smell inviting. Remove anything with odors…trash, dirty shoes, litter boxes, diaper pails…